Broward College offers scholarships based on merit, financial need, athletics, degree choice and more! A scholarship is a financial aid award that, like grants, does not have to be repaid. Please note that scholarship funding is limited and completion of the application does not guarantee an award.
You will not need to specify a particular scholarship on the application; we will match you to those for which you may be eligible.
To be considered for a scholarship you must:
- Complete all steps on
Apply for Financial Aid.
(International students are not required to complete the FAFSA application.)
- Make sure you are admitted to the College in a
degree or certificate program of study.
- Complete the
online scholarship application.
You must log into the application using your BC email and password.
Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Standards of Academic Progress (SAP).
Provides an opportunity for students that have completed at least 75% of their degree program
Covers the cost of tuition and institutional fees
Must have an
EFC score of 2,100 to 6,500 (as determined by
Must be in an AA, AS, AAS, BAS or BSN program
- Provides an opportunity for incoming freshmen students
- Covers the cost of tuition and institutional fees up to 30 credit hours and contributes towards the cost of books and supplies for each academic year
- Must obtain a referral from an approved mentorship organization
- Provides an opportunity for undocumented immigrant youth>
- Covers the cost of tuition and institutional fees up to a maximum of $12,500 for an associate’s degree and $25,000 for a bachelor’s degree
- Must apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Students must complete an application through TheDream.US by visiting
*The criteria listed above is not all-inclusive and students may need to meet additional requirements.
Scholarship 'Thank You' Letter
As a scholarship donor, receiving a well-written 'thank you' letter from a student is special. Your letter will encourage the donor to continue to support the educational endeavors of students like you.
Sample Scholarship Award 'Thank You' Letter
You may send your letter as an attachment to
*All communication regarding scholarship awards will be through your BC email. If you would like to contact us, email us at email@example.com.
*You may also be eligible for external scholarships.
* Please Note: Broward College is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to determine the tax status of all students receiving payments from the college. Student payments may include financial aid grants, scholarships, prize monies and/or rent monies. Upon determination of tax status, the college may be required to report and/or withhold federal income tax from a payment.
Please refer to IRS Publication 970 for Scholarships, Fellowship Grants, Grants, and Tuition Reductions regulations.
You may use this tool, provided by the IRS, to determine if the educational assistance you receive is taxable.