DIVERSITY EXCELLENCE PASSION INTEGRITY COMMUNITY TEAMWORK
D. Stephenson Construction, Inc. is Florida's largest African American-owned construction services firm. Founded in 1992 by former Miami Dolphin and NFL Hall of Famer Dwight Stephenson, and his wife Dinah, DSC continues to be dedicated to building long lasting client relationships by providing unequaled service to its South Florida clients. DSC provides its clients with comprehensive construction services utilizing a variety of project delivery models including Program Management, Construction Management at Risk, General Contracting and Design-Build.
The firm's motto, BUILD LIKE CHAMPIONS, reflects the company's commitment to being the best it can be. In the firm's constant pursuit of providing quality service, DSC offers clients the services of more than 45 team members from offices in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties. DSC's talented professionals, known for being among the best in their specialties, was carefully assembled from across the construction and administrative disciplines to provide world class construction services for each client.
Over the firm's 25 year history they have built a variety of project types with the main focus areas being:
- Sports and Recreation
- Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings
DSC is committed to helping small, local and minority-owned firms as well as providing employment opportunities to local residents living near the firm's projects. This is consistent with the company's vision which is: "To be the premier construction services firm our communities need and expect us to be". This is in part accomplished through the firm's S.H.A.R.E. outreach program which stands for Seek, Help, Assist, Report and Evaluate. By proactivity implementing these measures, DSC consistently averages over 60% small and minority business participation on its projects.
DSC uses the latest technology in order to execute projects from the early planning stages right through closeout. This includes state-of-the-art software for Building Envelope Modeling (BIM), bid management, estimating, scheduling and online collaborative project management. DSC also equips their project staff with smart phones and tablets so they have instant access to the most current project information.
Firms interested in doing work with DSC should contact them at email@example.com or call 954-315-7020 for a prequalification application.
Joseph Sanches, LEED AP BD+C, CGC
President of D. Stephenson Construction, Inc.
6241 North Dixie Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Phone: 954-315-7020, Fax: 954-315-7020
- Celebrating 25 years in the Construction Industry in 2017
- Named one of the 50 Most Powerful Contractors by MEDWeek
- Named Top 50 Southeast Green Builders by SE Construction Magazine
- Awarded the 2015 Corporate Partner of the Year by Palm Beach Partners Business Matchmaker
- Received Top 100 Minority Business Award, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Certified SDB by Broward College
- Certified M/WBE by the State of Florida
- Certified MBE by the School Board of Broward County
- Certified MBE by Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Broward College Health Science Simulator Center (LEED Gold)
- Broward College Public Safety Institute (LEED Gold)
- Broward College Multiple Projects under the Miscellaneous Contract
- Urban League of Broward County Community Empowerment Center
- Dania Beach Paul DeMaio Library (LEED Gold)
- Florida Memorial University Multipurpose Athletic and Wellness Education Center
- Miami Dolphins Stadium East, West and North Club Renovations
- All Aboard Florida Catering Building
Commodities and Services:
- Estimating & Value Analysis
- Design & Constructability Reviews
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Inspections & Permit Coordination
- Safety Management
- Quality Control
- Project Management
- Subcontractor Coordination