Train in a Field that Moves You
Physical therapy is an active and progressive occupation that will constantly put you in touch with new people, technology and treatment methods. Under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist, physical therapist assistants work closely with people of all age groups who have a wide range of physical problems. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Children with developmental delay
- Adolescents with sports injuries
- Adults, following workplace injuries or surgery
- Elderly patients with conditions such as stroke,
- Alzheimer's disease, arthritis or amputations
Your training at Broward College will provide the framework for working with patients who have lost function or been disabled by illness, surgery, accidents or congenital conditions. Learn more about the PTA program at BC to see if it is the right choice for you.